MF – TAMEFLOW KANBAN
MASTERING FLOW CLASS
In today’s knowledge-based economy, would you like to be the one asking questions or the one being sought after for answers regarding your organisation’s next improvement initiatives?
The Mastering Flow Class is unique and focusses on the Business imperatives of managing Flow Efficiency for immediate economic benefits on your path to lasting improvements.
In this class you will discover where all improvement models fail and only add layers of operational costs with no benefits. And the answer is pretty clear: all improvement models ignore the constraints of your systems!
Except Tameflow Kanban, which is an evolution of the Kanban method that embraces Dr Eliyahu Goldratt’s Theory of Constraints and Throughput Accounting for knowledge work.
Who Should Attend
Have you witnessed that all your improvement initiatives have little to show for on the bottom line and would like to understand how to improve with a proven method?
Have you been using the Kanban method and plateaued?
Are you working hard and failing to deliver on time?
Well this course will allow you to tame all of the frictions that slow your processes down, reveal the constraints in your environment and show where to focus improvement efforts to reap monetary benefits today.
Day 1 – Overview – Tameflow Basics
- Introduction to Tameflow Kanban
- Kanban metrics & Little’s Law
- Flawed Mental Models about Flow Efficiency
- Wait & Touch Time
- The power of explicit mental models
- Postpone commitment and limit Work In Process
- The business value of Flow Efficiency
- Where to focus improvement efforts
- SYSTEM THINKING S(T)IMULATION
- Flow Time
- Touch Time
- Flow Efficiency
Day 2 – Overview – Building a Flow Efficiency Kanban Board
- How do Kanban systems absorb Variability ?
- Tameflow Patterns
- Community of Trust
- Unity of Purpose
- The four Tameflow Flows
- Flow Efficiency Kanban Board Design
- Kanban Practices
- Create a Flow Efficiency Kanban Board that you can use at work tomorrow!
Both days consist largely of interactive group exercises and simulations.
This class is a certified Tameflow Kanban training by Steve Tendon. At the end of the class, student receive a Tameflow Kanban certificate.
Upon completion of both the MASTERING FLOW and MASTERING THROUGHPUT classes, you become a Tameflow CKP – Certified Kanban Practitioner – for life with no further obligations. Your student shared folders will be kept updated with the best new material!
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week – because it doesn’t require permission, a large budget or getting others to change the way they work.
- Private on-site training classes are also available, upon request.
- A Google Drive Shared Folder fully indexed with hundreds of the best articles, videos, presentations and tweets from Kanban experts
- Participants receive the course content in a PDF format upon issuance of their digital certificate.
- This class is based on the best book on agility and performance management of the last 10 years : Tame your Work Flow
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- If the designated instructor is unable to give the class, an equally competent and capable trainer will act as replacement to teach the class
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes or to change venue within a reasonable distance
- Refunds are provided as follows: 30 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
Visit www.agileagonist.com for more details about Tameflow Kanban and information on a class near you!