KF – Kanban Foundation
(Lead Time Kanban)
You wish you could keep your word and deliver as promised but are so busy that everything gets delivered later and later? You would like to have actionable knowledge that you could use tomorrow without going thru an enterprise transformation with new roles, responsibilities and deliverables like all other agile approaches offer?
As a knowledge worker, do you feel overburdened and not able to enjoy the things that life can bring about? Are you wishing a miracle would help you work less and still be more productive? Are you a middle manager wishing to tell the truth to upper management but cannot produce solid data to establish trust and make the proper decisions with your team?
If you feel compelled by these questions, then this course is meant for you.
In contrast to other Kanban classes that focus on one single approach, my training encompasses the whole spectrum of divergent thinking coming from the best Kanban thought leaders: David Anderson (creator of the Kanban method), Steve Tendon (Tameflow – The Real Kanban), Daniel Vacanti, Klaus Leopold & Pawel Brodzinski to name a few.
Who Should Attend
If you earn your leaving as a knowledge worker, you need to take responsibility for improving the delivery of your products and services.
This responsibility would be fulfilled through acquiring knowledge from the Kanban method. And once this is done, you will not need a budget or a permission to shine anew in your organisation.
Day 1 – Overview
- The power of visualisation with real life examples
- Kanban systems in ordinary life
- The Kanban #noObjectives Hashtags: no planning, no estimating, no scheduling, no ROI, no cross functional teams, no backlog grooming, no prioritising, no iterations, no revolutionary change, no dependency management etc.
- How Kanban systems absorb variability
- How to Kanbanize anything: The powers of visualisation, limiting WIP and enabling Flow
- The 3 decoupled cadences of Service delivery
- Key elements of a Kanban system: commitment points, work item types, classes of service, cost of delay, explicit policies
- Become a one metric company!
- Key Kanban system indicators: lead time, cumulative flow diagram, flow efficiency etc.
- Okaloa Flow Lab S(t)imulation
Day 2 – Building a Kanban System
- The Kanban practices & principles
- Agile and Lean decision filters
- Commitment, Daily Meeting & Release Management
- Kanban Case study using the Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- Kanban queues, buffers, constraints and bottlenecks explained using
- Eli Goldratt – TOC and Drum Buffer Rope
- Donald Reinertsen – Queuing theory
- David Anderson – The Kanban method
- Steve Tendon – Tameflow : Real Kanban from Steve Tendon
- Building a Kanban System that you can bring to work tomorrow
Both days consist largely of interactive group exercises and simulations.
This training class is certified by the PMI REP program of the Project Management Institute.
Upon completion of Kanban Foundation and Kanban Cadences, you become a CKP – Certified Kanban Professional – for life with no further obligations. Your student shared folders will be kept updated with the best new material!
Participants receive a standard digital certificate of class completion and 14 PDUs.
The ‘Practical Kanban’ eBook from the heavy hitter Klaus Leopold is given. An Amazon Kindle best seller!
The fantastic trilogy ‘Tameflow – The Real Kanban’ eBook by Steve Tendon is given
From the experienced Daniel Vacanti, a pioneer of the Kanban method, you get ‘Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability’ or ‘When will it be done – Lean & Agile forecasting to answer your customers’ most important question’
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week – because it doesn’t require permission, a large budget or getting others to change the way they work.
- Private on-site training classes are also available, upon request.
- A Google Drive Shared Folder fully indexed with hundreds of the best articles, videos, presentations and tweets from Kanban experts
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes or to change venue within a reasonable distance
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
Visit www.agileagonist.com for more details about the Kanban method and information on a class near you!