KC – Kanban Cadences
You have used the Kanban method for a while now, doing good on lead time reduction and reached the point where you need to get sales up & costs down and just can’t figure out how with the basic body of knowledge of the Kanban method? This class is for you with Real Kanban, a 21st century Kanban that takes you leaps beyond the Kanban method.
You want to be laser focussed on your next Kanban system improvements by acting on common cause variation? That makes sense but unfortunately the Kanban method can’t help you identify common cause variation. You simply need a little help from Real Kanban to get you there and stop improving away from the constraint of your system where it is not needed and costly!
You wish to tame the intrinsic variability accumulated by the passage of time? Now is the time to scale up your Kanban systems?
The Kanban Cadences class tackle these questions and so much more!
In this class, you will learn additional ways to leverage and scale Kanban in your organisation by showing the economic benefits of flow, how effortless it is to scale Kanban and ways of providing feedback and strategic alignment to the organisation in a fashion that resembles the 21st century.
While other Kanban training offerings focus on one approach, this class encompasses the at times divergent thinking of the best Kanban thought leaders: Teodora Bozheva, David Anderson (creator of the Kanban method), Steve Tendon (Tameflow – The Real Kanban), Daniel Vacanti, Klaus Leopold, Donald Reinertsen, Patrick Steyaert, Pawel Brodzinski, Mike Burroughs & Dimitar Bakardzhiev.
Who Should Attend
This class is for those who wish to better manage Kanban systems and scale up their existing fleet of Kanban systems with the best thought leadership available on the market today.
What You Will Learn
- Cadences – What are they good for?
- Cadences and Queuing theory. How to spend money to tame variability
- The dimensions of Flow and how they integrate!
- The economic benefits of Flow and Throughput Accounting on the bottom line
- TOC & Queueing theory – Out with the old, in with the new!
- Bottlenecks – A double-edged sword!
- Additional tools from Eli Goldratt that improve the Kanban method : Theory of Constraints, Throughput Accounting & Drum-Buffer-Rope
- Transaction costs and coordination costs according to queueing theory
- Tameflow from Steve Tendon – The Real Kanban
- A la queue leu leu – Queuing Theory: Capacity Utilisation and Variability with the law of Allen-Cuneen
- Queuing Theory and Scheduling
- Where are the risks shown on your Kanban board?
- The 10 advantages of using class of service and flow debt
- S L A C K – The ultimate improvement opportunity!
- The Deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements
- Organizational feedback loops enabled by the Kanban cadences
- PMO section – Reporting with GLOBEX like metrics used the at Chicago Mercantile Exchange instead of managing with OPEX, CAPEX and ROI and always be a day late and a penny short!
- WIP limits resistance with exercise on 8 personas
- The good, the bad and the ugly regarding column WIP limits
- Portfolio Management and WIP limits
- Understand variability and confront it negative covariance or with the science of Donald Wheeler
- Common cause variability and Tameflow – The Real Kanban
- Don’t reorganise, visualise the operational structure to deliver services
- Risk taxonomies and the law of diminishing returns
- Delivery reviews, ops reviews, strategic reviews and risk reviews
- Kanban S(t)imulation
Both days consist largely of interactive group exercises and simulations. Flash quizzes based on real life situations that will take you out of your comfort zones and get you thinking out of the box are also part of the experience!
This training class is certified by the PMI REP program of the Project Management Institute.
Upon completion of Kanban Foundation and Kanban Cadences, you become a CKP – Certified Kanban Professional – for life with no further obligations. Your student shared folders will be kept updated with the best new material!
Participants receive a standard digital certificate of class completion and 14 PDUs.
The ‘Practical Kanban’ eBook from the heavy hitter Klaus Leopold is given. An Amazon Kindle best seller!
The fantastic trilogy ‘Tameflow – The Real Kanban’ eBook by Steve Tendon is given
From the experienced Daniel Vacanti, a pioneer of the Kanban method, you get ‘Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability’ or ‘When will it be done – Lean & Agile forecasting to answer your customers’ most important question’
- You get pragmatic, actionable guidance you can implement in your organization next week – because it doesn’t require permission, a large budget or getting others to change
- Private on-site classes are also available, upon request
- A Google Drive Shared Folder fully indexed with hundreds of the best articles, videos, presentations and tweets from Kanban experts
- Attendee substitutions are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes or to change venue within a reasonable distance
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
Visit www.agileagonist.com for more details about the Kanban method and information on a class near you in North America!